Nininger Hall Period Room
|When the Central Area cadet
barracks were demolished to make room for the new, larger Eisenhower Barracks,
a section of the old barracks was saved and now stands in the center of
the area as a monument to past generations of cadets. Renamed Nininger
Hall, the old 1st Division (originally built in 1851) now contains the
Honor Committee's hearing room, offices of the Center for Professional
Military Ethic, and three cadet rooms preserved in the style and furnishings
of three distinct eras in the history of West Point.
One of these rooms represents the period from the 1950s through the late 1960s. Funds for its establishment, and the articles in it, were donated by the Class of 1960. Efforts have been made by members of the class to arrange the room as closely as possible to the way a room was supposed to be when they and their classmates were in class.
The room has been dedicated to three 1960 classmates
who were killed in combat while serving in Vietnam. The names of
these individuals, Dick Boyd, Lyell King and Chuck Titus, are displayed
in the name tag slots throughout the room. Check the links below
to see information on each of these individuals' cadet careers and military